St. Mark's Anglican Church, Penwortham
Lat: 33°55'17.23"S Long: 138°38'20.06"E
The building of St. Mark's began in 1851, with the installation of a bell, turret and porch completing construction in 1855. (See photo)
An active cemetery of three parts is located at the same site as the church with the first recorded burial being of the notable explorer John Ainsworth Horrocks in 1846.
The land also hosts some native vegetation, especially ephemeral and grass species along with residual colonial plants reportedly from Horrocks' era.
The Reisling Trail forms the eastern boundary of the land; it being the railway that originally divided the glebe in two.
Service each Sunday at 11 am
unless otherwise advertised