St. John's Anglican Church, Auburn
Lat: 34° 1'34.00"S Long: 138°41'1.47"E
The church was built in 1862 from local stone. It is a heritage building in gothic style. Its furnishings are simple. Fixed pews. No side aisles and limited chancel space. the hall was built in 1908 and is attached via a sheltered walkway to the church. We have an organ but no organist, so we use CDs effectively.
Auburn is the gateway to the Clare Valley. The local area produces olives, grapes, cereal and livestock, such as sheep. The town also has school, supermarket, roadhouse, hardware, car mechanics, hotel/restaurant and cafes, gallery, bike hire and hairdresser.